We are pleased to inform you about the upcoming face to face course, Building Partnerships for Sustainable Development running from 2 – 5 July 2019 at the UNSSC Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development campus in Bonn, Germany.
In this interactive introductory partnership course participants reflect on the specific modalities of working with different partners to achieve development effectiveness. With the intention to strengthen participants’ knowledge and understanding about imperatives for building partnerships, the course explores key elements of partnering such as ethics, due diligence, rules of engagement, biases and stereotypes, conflicts of interest, as well as partnership frameworks and cases. The four days of the course will focus on:
Day 1: Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development and Multi-Stakeholder Partnerships Imperatives.
Day 2: The Partnering Cycle: understanding the different stages and how to use them.
Day 3: Ethics and reputational risks. Partnership and due diligence. Partnering with the Private Sector.
Day 4: Partnering examples from within the UN and from civil society. The way forward.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
· Understand why multi-stakeholder partnerships are crucial for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the Paris Agreement;
· Have reflected upon challenges and opportunities regarding partnership development;
· Be familiarised with policies, guidance and tools that facilitate partnerships between the UN and other stakeholders;
· Be cognisant of the drive and different roles of different development actors;
· Have enhanced the knowledge and skills to build substantive and sustainable partnerships.
The course builds on interactive methodologies as well as the expertise from subject matter experts and participants representing different sectors. It also features application through the use of real-life case studies and practical exercises.
The training programme promotes intellectual and practical knowledge sharing, and fosters a culture of understanding and cross-fertilisation among participants. It offers a venue for networking among participants of various organisations aiming at fruitful collaborations and partnerships.
For more information and to register, please visit: http://bit.ly/BPSD2019
Deadline for registration is 21 June 2019.
Should you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org